My Photo
Name:
Location: East of the Mississippi, United States

I'm an old white guy with over 60 years on this earth. That's me in the photo. That's my yard I'm sitting in. You can't have it.

Thursday, June 09, 2005

My first posting on my blog.

If you have chanced across my blog, then you are in luck. There is a wealth of knowledge waiting to be tapped. Like oil underground that can power the machines of the world the knowledge in me is waiting for you to bring it to the surface. My desire is to advise you about your life. So give it a try. Maybe we can have some fun.

General advice to everyone:

Be where you are.
My children heard this for years. Basically it is the smell the roses idea. However, it goes deeper than simply doing something cute or fun while you are traveling through life. Your existence is the key to your travels through life. In the simple act of living you are being, but often people have difficulty being where they are. They want to be somewhere else, do something else or have something else. It is all well and good to work toward a goal, but if you don’t exist where you are, while you are working toward that goal, then if you do attain that goal, you will not know how to “be” there. In other words you will reach the goal and still not be satisfied.
Name it whatever you want, but make your existence at this very moment a fact that you can think about. Are you aware of your body? Are you aware of your environment? Are you aware of your emotional attitude?

Learn to read.
I am aware that you are reading this and that is good. I recommend you increase your reading. I recommend you stop watching TV. It will suck the life right out of you. The rich and powerful people do not watch TV all the time. They are doing. Mostly what they are doing is doing it to you. You are a cog in the wheel of industry and commerce and TV is one of the methods that the people that control your life use. First assignment: Read 1984 by George Orwell. If you get through that then let me know. Tell me what you think and then I will give you another book to read. Please just type in 1984 Orwell on Amazon or eBay. Order the book and read it.

I think that is enough for one day. Come back tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great idea and your first advice was right on target! Good luck and keep your wisdom coming!
nn91

Friday, June 10, 2005 8:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home